Sunday 12 October 2008

theidparade


I've been out and about a lot this week so I really wasn't looking forward to yet another evening on the tiles (yes even I need to give the vino a rest sometimes)but my fave band of all time were playing so in a superficial attempt at making myself feel better I decided to buy some Sunshimmer Matte Instant Tan in the hope it would make my skin look less like the blue-dirty-dishwater-pallour it had taken on.

After following the instructions, making sure I exfoliated everywhere, extra moisturiser on the elbows etc etc, I applied the lotion as directed. Standing naked in the middle of my living room watching Hollyoaks, flapping my arms wildly, trying to avoid contact with my white walls. After the allocated drying time (God I hope none of my neighbours saw me doing the naked chicken dance through the gap in my curtains) I went to take a look at what I hoped to be the glowing results but was horrified to see my skin was not only blotchy but even with slight pressure the lotion came off!

I was in a rush so in a non-commonsensical effort at saving time I ended up getting a rub down by a sympathetic friend...2 rolls of Andrex later and I looked like a tan and white Jack Russel, thank God for the dark early nights and pub lighting!

Let's just say I wont be using that again in future....

However the good news is there is a new developing suntan lotion out called 'Xen-Tan'. It's not only supposed to smell good it also gives you a nice Jennifer Aniston style light caramel shade that looks quite natural so I shall be buying that in future and using the other stuff as shoe shine for my brown boots.

The band I went to see is called 'the id parade' a 6 piece alternative rock band with a difference. Not only do they introduce a frantic pace and mixture of sounds into their songs, the energy coming from the stage creates an atmosphere you can almost touch...if you were at the Flying Duck on Renfield street last night and you weren't dancing along with 'Against the Law' (their new single) go get your hearing checked! Check out their My Space (click on post title to take you to their page) if my amateur stab at music reviewing hasn't been convincing enough.

Still working on Club Noir outfits so remember and check back here if you are still seeking inspiration.

Px


No comments: