Sunday 2 November 2008

The adventures of Bear Ghrylls and other bedtime stories

I had a dream about Bear Ghrylls last night. It involved sodding wet clothes, a pile of half-eaten grubs and one claustrophobic but cosy sleeping bag. There's something about a man that can make a 3 course meal out of the contents of a rainforest canopy that gives me nice little feelings in my tummy and the fact he wrestles with river lizards and can catch fish with nothing put a pair of trousers and some tied together jungle vines that just gives me more dream fodder to play with.

This is all gloriously predictable I know, I mean what woman in their right mind wouldn't want to play Jane to Bear's Tarzan? I can imagine it now, me clad in my favourite leopard-print bra and thong set, Bear wearing nothing but a copy of the National Geographic....prrrr... but it had to be said.

Speaking of jungles..I'm rather embarrassed about the state of my habitat this week. I havent seen floor for days due to several week night wardrobe malfunctions that never made it back to the drawer and Wednesday nights remnants of macaroni were still sitting on my Kitchen worktop last night so you can imagine my complete horror on Saturday morning when I had realised I had invited home a house' guest' in a sambuca fuelled moment of madness. Not only do you have last nights make-up smeared across your face, you have last weeks dinner lying across your living room. Not nice...and very not like me but had such a hectic week housework just wasnt priority...anyway excuses aside I suppose I should be happy I still feel shame, thought that emotion had gone a long time ago ;)

No comments: